Process Engineer - Lumber
Georgia-Pacific is now hiring for a Process Engineer for our lumber mill in Pineland, Texas. This role will be responsible for creating and implementing strategies to optimize ongoing operations while working injury-free/incident free in a batch manufacturing environment. This lead position is considered a supervisor-in-training and will advance into a supervisor role in the future, as you develop leadership qualities and learn to effectively manage your department. This is an ideal role for someone who has just completed school and is seeking a career in manufacturing or someone who has past leadership experience in another industry and is looking for a change. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
At Georgia-Pacific, we are innovative, we manufacture products that make people’s lives easier, and we provide careers, not just jobs for our employees. We foster a culture that values integrity and compliance more than anything else and we encourage our employees to challenge the status quo. If you are interested in joining our team, you can learn more about our Building Products division atwww.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead an operational team in the production of solid wood lumber products in a safe and efficient manner in the absence of the supervisor
- Train others on, and demonstrate, a structured approach to problem solving
- Serve as a proactive leader towards improvements to products, flow, cost, recovery, quality, work processes, etc.
- Take ownership of existing safety, quality, and performance processes
- Promote employee involvement and provide coaching, feedback, and direction as required
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues, provide safety training and team development to production associates, and deliver training materials with a meaningful approach
- Support all phases of the lumber manufacturing process to include set-up, changeover, automation, workflow, yield rates, reliability, and overall efficiency of machine centers
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule, including but not limited to rotating shifts, overnight shifts, and weekends
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Forest Products, Industrial/Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems, Business Administration, Agricultural Management, or Agricultural Systems Management
- Experience with continuous improvement methods and lean manufacturing
- Computer network skills (reviewing coding, adjusting configurations when needed)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf