Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Junior Buyer to place purchase orders for raw materials, outside service process, equipment and supplies while expediting the delivery of goods to meet the planned production schedule. This role works closely with the Planning, Engineering, Sales and Receiving.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Reviews requisitions and shortage requirements assigned. Confers with approved suppliers to obtain a request for quote of price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Prepares and reviews purchase orders with special attention to quality requirements, net terms, negotiated price and flow downs. Obtains signatures and/or necessary approvals based on internal procedure and controls. Sends purchase order to approved suppliers and updates supplier confirmation date in MRP system while monitoring an open order report for on time delivery.
- Maintains and updates component material master data lead time, standard price and safety stock.
- Maintains supplier sources list and purchasing information record and negotiates net terms with new suppliers.
- Verifies invoices from suppliers with purchase orders and approves invoices for payment.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels and cost saving initiatives.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2+ years of purchasing experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- SAP experience preferred
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf