Georgia-Pacific near Quanah, TX is seeking quality candidates to hire after a successful screening for our General Laborer position at our Acme facility. Successful employees in this role work collaboratively with a team to safely perform various tasks. General Laborers are responsible for performing manual, labor intensive cleanup duties around the facility to ensure a safe work environment for all employees. If you are motivated by hard work, working collaboratively on a team with a positive attitude, and have a strong focus on safety, you may be a good fit for this role. The pay for this position is $18.39/hr. General Laborers work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and overtime.
To learn more about the type of products in Georgia-Pacific’s Building Products division makes, please visit www.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work environment
- Using blowers, brooms, and other equipment to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees
- Performing housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery running smoothly, reducing safety and fire hazards, maintaining environmental controls, and maintaining the appearance of the plant
- Performing manual, labor intensive, and repetitive tasks such as bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, and heavy lifting up to 50lbs in an environment that is hot, humid, loud, cold, and dusty.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of six (6) months of work experience in an industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, farming, carpentry, construction, landscaping, production, or military environment
- Ability to meet the physical requirements as listed in the description
- Ability to work in an industrial environment as listed in the description
- Ability to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year of experience or more working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience operating mobile equipment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf