Production Supervisor - Lumber
Georgia-Pacific recently opened a new state-of-the art lumber mill in Warrenton, Georgia in Fall 2019. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a high efficiency, technologically advanced plant.
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for leading a lumber production team to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment consistent with Market Based Management philosophy and framework. The Production Supervisor is also responsible for supervising and coordinating production efforts that result in sustained improvement in all associated work processes including: Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) compliance, reliability, quality, production, and costs.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead an operational team in the production of solid wood lumber products in a safe and efficient manner and to take ownership of the existing safety and quality processes.
- Facilitate team development and communication, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and holding employees accountable.
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively eliminate hazards.
- Monitor product quality and provide direction to crew members to maximize efficiency.
- Promote employee involvement, providing coaching, feedback and direction as required.
- Assist with troubleshooting production issues.
- Provide safety training to crew members and deliver training materials in a meaningful approach.
- Provide coaching and performance management.
- Complete data entry responsibilities and generate reports in a timely and efficient manner.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of supervising direct reports in a wood products manufacturing facility
- Experience in coaching, training, and developing staff
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other PC-based production reporting systems applications
- Must be able and willing to work rotating shifts
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Must be able and willing to work safely, and adhere to all safety rules and regulations, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) or more years experience supervising direct reports in a lumber manufacturing facility (turning timber into planed lumber
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf