SHIPPING AND LOGISTICS TECHNICIAN
The Advanced Development Center in Taylor, Michigan is searching for a Shipping & Warehouse professional with a passion for driving continuous improvement in process efficiency and effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below but, of equal importance, he or she will be self motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker.This is a “hands-on” position that will work across the organization in a competitive atmosphere.Working effectively with cross-functional teams is crucial for success.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure accurate labeling and scanning of finished product within department
- Stage materials to ensure no disruption of production flow; stage materials for on-coming shift
- Comply with all packaging requirements within department.
- Practice 5-S and workplace organization functions to ensure area is clean and safe.
- Practice safe work behaviors, complying with all safety rules and guidelines.
- Responsible for all other jobs as assigned.
- Maintain UPS/FedEx computer system, shipments/tracking
- Prepare finished goods and paperwork per customer requirements for shipment
- Coordinate freight pickups/deliveries with freight carriers using email and phone from customer/corporate approved list
- Maintain AES and overseas paperwork for all outgoing shipments. Keep up to date on training for exports, and export regulations
- Actively participate in continual improvement/innovation, corrective action and internal/external customer satisfaction
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to operate a forklift and other material handling equipment
- Lift up to 50-75 lbs. on occasion
- Ability to work in fluctuating temperatures & perform work indoors/outdoors as needed
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous forklift experience a plus
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarization with inventory control
- Highly motivated self-starting individual who is comfortable working as part of a team
- Analytical problem solver with a mindset of continual improvement
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf