Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex company, and leader in the design, development, and manufacturing of drug delivery, diagnostic, and MedTech devices. Our facility in Phillips, WI is looking for a Manufacturing Automation Engineer. This person will work onsite.
The Manufacturing Automation Engineer will be working between two facilities; 85,000sq ft and 100,000sq ft. to support New Product Introduction Engineering Team by implementing new automation solutions to assemble products. Continuous Improve Projects (CIP) will be created to improve the productivity of existing processes using automation. The ideal candidate would have experience integrating PLC and HMI to create a process that is safe for our people to use, protects our Customers from getting defective product and improves our productivity.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Continue to look for innovation and improvement in a collaborative and non-collaborative robotic environment (i.e. YUMI, Denso, Fanuc, UR, KUKA).
- Uncovering opportunities to improve process through automating tasks: product placement, loading, unloading, integration with operators, pressing and molding.
- Work in a team environment and use the FMEA (failure modes effect analysis) to develop our processes.
- Providing automation design feedback to User Requirement Specifications for custom built medical automation equipment.
- Contribute to automation equipment design reviews with external suppliers, providing input on the design.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing at equipment supplier’s machine build sites with Engineering.
- Coordinate automation installations from external suppliers to Phillips Medisize location including: readiness, shipment, rigging, utility hook-ups, equipment installation.
- Activity participate in equipment Site Acceptance Testing to verify equipment’s performance after installation.
- Support Engineering Team on equipment process development and validation activities as needed.
- Comfortable training co-workers.
- Draft operator work instructions, equipment set-up procedures, equipment calibration methods, and preventative maintenance instructions.
- Make machine software, electrical and mechanical changes identified during the equipment development process.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associates Degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology
- At least 5 years of Industrial Maintenance and Automation Engineering Technology
- Hands on experience with mechanical process, instrumentation, controls or manufacturing equipment
- Experience designing and drafting in CAD
- Experience working with PLC; systems integration, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Desire to work with robotic automation and programming
- Ability to travel usually one week at a time, up to two to three times per year for equipment Factory Acceptance Testing
- ITAR controlled facility, must be a U.S. Citizen, Green Card or have ITAR compliant credentials
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical or related engineering degree
- Programming experience with PLC software such as Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Omron
In order to comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Learn more about Phillips-Medisize...
Visit us: www.phillipsmedisize.com
Phillips-Medisize History: www.phillipsmedisize.com/about-us/history
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf