Transportation Business Liaison
KBX Logistics, LLC provides transportation and logistics services to industry leaders in manufacturing and production, saving our customers time, money and hassle. We have a significant purchasing position and the leading-edge talent to create an advantage in the marketplace. We continue to reinvent better ways to create value for our customers. KBX Logistics is an independent Koch company. Being privately held, we are able to embrace long-term visions and invest in the future through our holistic application of Market-Based Management®. To learn more visit www.KBXLogistics.com.
We are currently looking for a Transportation Business Liaison to support our Georgia-Pacific business and project initiatives. The successful candidate will have a high degree of initiative, relationship building skills and analytical skills. This dynamic role will act as a resource between KBXL and Georgia-Pacific on discreet initiatives and will work to support the day-to-day activities and requests as well as continuous improvements projects and initiatives.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Conduit for communication between the Georgia-Pacific businesses and capabilities and KBX Logistics on tactical, day-to-day activities
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to identify and present process improvement opportunities
- Liaison mechanism driving change through understanding needs and driving operational results
- Analyze data in order to evaluate potential risk and provide solutions for logistics and transportation strategies
- Driving customer satisfaction by working with customer service, planning, supply chain to ascertain best practices and partner with customers for long-term relationships
- Supports business plans, service requirements and key bet programs
- Build relationships and communicate with Transportation group timely about relevant updates and changes within Georgia-Pacific businesses and/or capabilities as needed.
- Effectively communicate, provide input, and point of view information to the businesses
- Drive effective change management to foster business improvements
- Supporting current projects and corporate initiatives, providing new and innovative ideas to keep transportation a competitive advantage
- Managing multiple concurrent projects for Georgia-Pacific businesses; communicating performance metrics, program updates and on-going information
- Improving Supply Chain synchronization, including inbound flows of materials to GP facilities in support of transportation operations
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business/Transportation/Logistics/Supply Chain/Economics OR any Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience working in Supply Chain or a related industry
- Willing and able to travel up to approximately 20%
- Microsoft Office Skills including Excel (ability to manipulate data using spreadsheets and pivot tables), PowerPoint (create presentations), and Word (create business letters)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of all modes of transportation / operations
- Previous experience working in or with a large shipper
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf