Area Purchasing Manager
We are seeking an Area Manager, Purchasing and Stores in support of our Plywood and Lumber site located in Dudley, NC. As a member of our Strategic Sourcing group, this role will report to the corporate office in Atlanta, Georgia. This position will manage local procurement, storeroom operations and supervise stores personnel. The individual must be self-directed, work with a high sense of urgency and possess the ability to solve problems and collaborate with other disciplines to meet the needs of Operations. They may also be asked to participate on centralized sourcing teams, special projects, and contract negotiations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Sourcing, purchasing, negotiating, and managing inventory of raw materials, equipment, MRO, services and supplies from external vendors.
- Streamlining and implementing sustainable procurement processes at each location.
- Working with requestors to understand requirements, specifications, services, and timing.
- Managing appropriately and implanting the use of national, regional, and local contract agreements for goods and services.
- Identify and analyze opportunities to competitively bid local spend to achieve the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Optimizes working capital and on hand inventory levels.
- Works with internal customers to identify and address unmet needs that align with procurement and business unit goals to deliver long term value.
- Looks to drive value creation through innovation.
- Supervising storeroom personnel.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams at the facility and headquarters to implement corporate initiatives.
- Ensuring compliance with all safety, purchasing, fiduciary, stores and environmental policies and procedures.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of purchasing, manufacturing operations or supply chain related experience
- Inventory or storeroom management experience, including experience with an inventory management computer system
- Experience negotiating with local, regional or national contracts
- Experienced with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Willing and able to travel 10%
- Supervisory experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Finance degree
- Project management experience
- Manufacturing experience in building products industry
- Experience working in cross-functioning team
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf