Mechanical Engineer - Optical Solutions
This job posting is no longer active.
Molex possesses a rich heritage in the optical industry. We provide the highest performing and field-proven wavelength management solutions from components, modules to integrated line-cards. Continuous innovation in passive component function integration, miniaturization, and manufacturing automation, cutting edge WSS and amplify technology and comprehensive optical, mechanical, electrical and software integration capabilities enable us to serve the needs of high-density, high-bandwidth, and flexible optical networks.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the overall mechanical design, specifications, and performance for developing products and assemblies for use in telecom applications and next generation agile optical networks.
The Mechanical Engineer will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to develop and implement the design of optical modules and assemblies and will have a good understanding of processes used to develop and manufacture complex products composed of mechanical, electrical, and optical components.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Has complete design ownership from requirements definition and concept develop through to releasing detailed drawings and troubleshooting fabrication issues, including: developing the mechanical architecture and system requirements; creating 3D models of optical, mechanical and electrical assemblies and related drawings/part specifications; providing detailed tolerance thermal and stress analyses; conducting structured design reviews; and planning milestones involved in the delivery of the mechanical design
Develop 3D models and drawings of assemblies and components, based on requirements, making design tradeoffs and working creatively through multiple competing constraints.
Develop subsystem, component and interface specifications and overall mechanical architecture.
Develop system requirements from customer specifications and reference materials.
Perform research to promote future generation products.
Define the manufacturing processes to build products and design and implement manufacturing fixtures, supporting Process Engineering and Manufacturing teams.
Track and implement production improvements for cost reductions and manufacturability.
Track mechanical issues and implement solutions; work closely with suppliers to resolve any issues related to performance, fabrication, qualification status and cost of components.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience within the telecommunications industry or products
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing complex optical, electrical, and mechanical products
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience and advanced proficiency with SolidWorks and other mechanical system design and simulation tools such as Mechanica (PTC Creo Simulate) and ANSYS
- Knowledge of high precision metal and optical alignment tolerances and material properties; familiar with optical coatings and various metal finishes and plating techniques
- Experience with complex tolerance analyses, simulation and data analysis tools for finite element, thermal, vibration, stress analysis as well as airflow modeling
- Experience working with electrical and hardware disciplines for board layout and integration of printed circuit board assemblies and components
- Experience and familiarity with a revision control and structured change/ECO management processes
- Knowledge of part fabrication and related costs including: CNC, EDM, injection molding, rapid prototyping
- History of success in working with outside fabricators and suppliers
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.