John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is looking for a Service Technician to join our Power Group to provide technical field services for the steam generation industry. This remote position would be preferably based in the New England area, but it is open to anywhere within the U.S., as long as you are within a 50 mile radius of a major airport.
We are recognized for safety, environmental excellence, innovation, and customer service. This is a great opportunity to be part of a customer-facing support team. Our customers produce the world’s energy, chemicals, and plastics, and eliminate harmful emissions from the air, water, and soil. We help them operate in a cleaner, safer, and more economical way. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Travel to the site and perform maintenance, troubleshooting, tuning, or commissioning work on combustion and/or steam generation equipment
- Normal duties at the site could include modulating the burners through their firing range, while adjusting parameters such as fuel, air, O2 levels, etc.
- Responsible for the installation supervision, troubleshooting and maintenance recommendations to our customers as well as commissioning new combustion equipment and associated steam generation equipment at customer job sites
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience working with register burners or boilers, duct burners or HRSG's, or utility burners or boilers for a minimum of 2 years
- Knowledge of PLC’s and PLC logic
- Live within a 50 mile radius of a major airport in the U.S.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Willing and able to travel 75% of the time
- Willing and able to work overtime
- 2-year technical degree from an accredited college or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of BMS (Burner Management Systems) and HMI (Human-Machine Interface) programming
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years of work experience with register burners, duct burners, or utility burners
- 2+ years of experience working on Allen Bradley PLC's, in the combustion or steam generation industries
- 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf