RELCO, has recently joined the Koch family of companies as of November 2020. For 38 years, RELCO has been providing process technologies to over 500 cheese & dairy plants across the globe including: Cheese Systems & Equipment, Evaporators, Drying Systems & Components, Powder Handling Systems & Equipment, and Aftermarket Solutions. We are committed to delivering projects on schedule and within budget to create long-term customer relationships. We focus on alternative thinking to ensure our customers experience superior results.
We are currently looking for a Cost Estimator to join our Sales team at our Drachten facility.
Location: Drachten Netherlands
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Coordinates with process engineering to liaison with process engineering on specifications, choice of material, etc.
- Creates preliminary project schedules as a basis to determine project costs and lead times, so estimated milestones can be agreed with customers.
- Requests quotes for project components from suppliers, at the direction of sales/process engineering staff for the quotation.
- Estimate potential projects based on P&ID/layout design documents.
- Assist the Sales/Process Engineering staff to accurately price “Standard Manufactured Items” for the company.
- Discusses the project proposal to the client with the commercial manager/technical director, so that he is aware of the content of the project and the initial planning and correctly includes the milestones in the project planning.
- Discusses the project proposal with the controller, so that the calculations are correctly entered in the project administration.
- Maintains subsequent calculations for completed projects.
- Develops & maintains estimating policy and procedure.
- Assists process engineering and drafting staff to determine an accurate price for Standard Production Items.
- Develop and maintain an estimation system
The Experience You Will Bring
- HBO/MBO degree in mechanical engineering
- Technical background in mechanical engineering
- Ability to read specifications and translate this into a budget
- AutoCAD experience
- Excellent knowledge in Excel and Microsoft Office package
- Accuracy and great analytical skillset
- Excellent communication skills in English
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience within a similar position ideally in dairy/ food/ pharma industry
- Knowledge with sanitary design of process installations
- Knowledge of Evaporators and Spray Dryers