Service & Commissioning Technician - Europe
Koch-Glitsch is a complete solutions provider with extensive knowledge, experience, and unique capabilities. Across the chemical, petrochemical, refining, gas processing, pharmaceutical and specialty chemical industries, Koch-Glitsch is recognized as a global leader. We back every product with decades of proven performance, unrivalled research and development capabilities, and expert service and support. Our expertise includes:
·Phase separation equipment
We are seeking a Service Technician, to work in Europe. Ideally this person will be located in France.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- You will be responsible for the installation supervision, troubleshooting and maintenance recommendations to our customers at customers’ job sites.
- Apply operational and functional knowledge of mass transfer and separation equipment.
- Demonstrate good mechanical aptitude with the ability to learn new mechanical systems.
- Travelling on a regular basis to customer job sites.
- Become trusted adviser to the customer, applying solid interpersonal skills.
- Advise the customer regarding spare parts and suggest future service.
- You will be expected to at times to work at height climbing stairs / ladders or catwalks, in confined space and work in outdoor environments at job.
- Responsible for meeting all the safety, health and performance training requirements.
- You must be actively committed to environmental, health and safety programs.
- As and when necessary to contact customers to help promote our products.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Background in mechanical engineering field.
- Ideally you have worked with mass transfer and separation equipment for a minimum of 2 years or you have worked in a related field in the oil and gas industry.
- Have good verbal and written English skill plus their local European language.
- Ability to travel approx. 75% of the time.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university and 2 years of equivalent work experience in mass transfer and separation domain.
- Ability to work in unusual conditions, like climbing up stairs and ladders, in confined space and work in hot and cold working environment.
- Speak more than one European language (Spanish/Portuguese preferred).