Sr Engineer, Supplier Quality
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Defines, develops and implements Supply base strategies that drive improvements is supplier selection, development, and leverage across customer programs for quality improvements and cost savings.
- Supplier Risk Management; Identify supplier chain (1st or sub-tiers) risk areas (e.g. commodity) and then develop strategy and action plans to mitigate supply chain risk for CCS. Currently, the focus is on sub-tiers plating supplier quality risk mitigation.
- Support BMW program for CCS eastern china supplier management
- Quick support for CCS plants in supplier quality management for CCS plants buying out of their region (e.g. DG suppliers is in SHANGHAI, this will be managed by RSQEs; Korea supplier is in SHANGHAI, this will be managed by RSQEs). Plants to support includes CCS plants in Japan, Korea, China, Vietnam and Malaysia.
- Provide on-site support for quality issues with regards to containment, CA / PA plans and verifications at suppliers.
- Conduct regular “Process Audits” to ensure that suppliers adhered to our control plans.
- Initiate, develop and drive supplier continuous improvement plans (CIPs) and drive quality initiatives based on supplier purchasing and quality performance data and manufacturing sites’ inputs.
- Involve in NPI project (ESI – Early Supplier Involvement) to support NPI team LOCALLY to conduct new supplier qualification, product and process qualification at suppliers (e.g. FAI, tool qualifications, PPAP and safe launch, etc.)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- At least 5 years of related experience in supplier quality management in a high precision industry.
- Quality Engineering experience (working knowledge of problem-solving tools including 8D, etc.)
- Solid experience in the following: molding and stamping.
- VDA & CQI &IATF knowledge
- The ability to travel, work extended hours as required and interface with various cultures and different management levels within the supplier organization
- Ability to work well with others.
- Good understanding of personal computer hardware and software including MS office and SAP.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Good time management, organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Sound decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with problems solving tools like as 8D, 5Why, Control Plan, FMEA, MSA, etc., and also stronger experience of supplier FA PPAP submission
- Knowledge of quality standards such as IATF16949, VDA6.3 and compliance auditing experience
- Fluent English in speaking and writing.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Masters degree preferred
- Experience in the following: electroplating, CNC, Quality Management Systems and Environmental Standards.
- MS Office, Minitab
- Project Management and process control experience
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and failure/root cause analysis skills.