Sr Engineer, Global Supplier Quality
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Analyze and report performance of suppliers using SAP data and drive suppliers to improve their performance. Contribute to supplier performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Drive Zero Defects, QN improvement, and decrease in Cost of Poor Quality from Electronics and/or molding suppliers.
- Assist Molex plants in resolving high severity and/or recurring supplier quality issues.
- Facilitate and lead discussions with suppliers during plant level Business Performance Reviews.
- Lead the regional communication, review impact analysis and provide guidance to the affected plants in the product/process validation in all Electronics and/or molding components suppliers’ Process Change Notifications.
- Ensure supplier quality is up to date with new supplier developments, capabilities, and technologies (lessons learned, benchmarking, and best practices).
- Effectively communicate with internal (Molex) and external (Supplier and Customer) stake holders
- Responsible for Electronics and connector Component supplier’s continuous improvement activities while assuring suppliers comply with Molex’s Supplier Requirements including change management and EH&S requirements.
- Develop pro-active approach and strategies with Electronics and/or connector suppliers to eliminate pass through defects and challenge suppliers towards improvements. Provide updates and reports to management on a timely basis including supplier scorecards. Responsible for analyzing and providing recommendations regarding supplier quality data.
- Travel to supplier locations to conduct on-site Quality Management System Audits, Process Capability Assessments, and FMEA reviews to assure supplier’s conformance to standards (ISO, IATF, VDA6.3 etc.), Molex and Customer requirements as well as drive continual improvement activities to ensure supplier process related risks are mitigated.
- Support Lean Six Sigma supplier improvement projects in coordination with supplier development team.
- Participate on Product Development Teams and advance quality planning to assure flawless launch and supplier quality assurance
- Maintain and support Quality Management Systems through following or writing procedures and interfacing with Molex plants and suppliers.
- Interface with customers as required to address quality issues related to supplier products and complete quality notifications as assigned. Timely response to customer issues by deploying appropriate containment actions and / or corrective actions.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- At least 5 years of related experience in Electronics and/or connector manufacturing environment.
- Practical experience in process improvement, problem solving and project management.
- Practical experience in the execution of quality and process based audits.
- Ability to travel (up to 50%) and work extended hours as required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English (oral and written)
- Capability to understand and interface with various cultures
- Proven ability to lead and work well with others.
- Good understanding of personal computer hardware and software including MS office and SAP.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Good time management, organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Sound decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of problem solving tools (8D, RCCA, Fishbone, etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Advanced Degree in Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of molding/metal manufacturing and processing
- Certification in the auditing of Quality Management Systems and Environmental Standards.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent.
- Established leadership experience
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and failure/root cause analysis skills.