The jobsite located in Baytown, TX has an opening for a Heavy Equipment Operator.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate heavy equipment such as front end loaders, dozers, excavators and graders in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life
- Travels to job site; required to spend extended periods of time out of town and live in areas outside of Houston.
- Ability to operate all other job site equipment and machinery as requested or required.
- Maintenance and repair of machinery as requested or required.
- Ensure no digging is done unless all safety precautions have been taken to ensure lines are not broken
- Follow signal directions while safely operating equipment
- Proficient in operating 550 or 850 dozer, mid-sized track hoe, rubber tired backhoe, and standard skid steer.
We expect all field employees to:
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture
- Recognize safety hazards and risks
- Participate in onsite safety meetings
- Follow OPD and client safety policies and procedures
- Be aware of changing conditions on an active jobsite
- Be on time to the jobsite each day ready for work
- Display a positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment
Some physical demands of being a heavy equipment operator include:
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations.
- Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs
- Standing for extended periods of time up to 12 hours per day. Breaks are given in 2.5 hour intervals
- Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis.
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or tools.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least two years of experience as an equipment operator
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote areas at times
- Must be able and willing to attend mandatory safety meetings
- Must be able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day and 7 days per week
- Must be able to meet basic physical requirements
- Must be able to speak and read in English
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five years of experience as an equipment operator
- Have an active certification from an accredited training center
- Previous experience in oil and gas construction
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf