This job posting is no longer active.
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies – Systems EngineerLangley, BC
At Genesis (GRMT), there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy, and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. In April 2018, Koch Industries acquired majority ownership of GRMT. As a part of the Koch Engineered Solutions group, GRMT is able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies.
We have a fantastic newly created opportunity for a Systems Engineer. Reporting to the VP, Product Development, the Systems Engineer is a highly influential systems architecture role within GRMT’s product development efforts. You will be primarily responsible for ensuring that all our components are designed to meet system level requirements of our customers when integrated. You will work closely with Motor Engineering, Gears Engineering, Test Engineering, and other key stakeholders.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Drive multi-disciplinary systems modeling efforts, using a wide variety of tools and integrating expertise from across the organization
- Develop system requirements based on customer requirements for motor/gearbox/actuator performance
- Create systems specifications and cascading that information to subsystems
- Define system level functional and safety behaviour
- Help define and make product trade-offs throughout the NPI process
- Create and drive V&V plans to ensure the quality of our designs; work collaboratively with the Test and Simulation teams to create test plans and test specifications
- Spearhead the creation of systems engineering capability and practices in our Product Development group
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience in a systems engineering role for complex systems
- Bachelor’s degree in systems, mechatronics, mechanical, or electrical engineering
- Systems level thinker with demonstrated success in driving product design optimization across products, disciplines, and teams
- A proven track record of technical excellence in systems modeling and simulation
- Expertise in resolving issues through appropriate analysis and design modifications
- Experience developing, testing, or validating high-performance complex systems
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience developing motor, gearbox, and/or actuator products
- Understanding of the physics and systems of electric actuators (electric motors and gearboxes)
- Additional fields of experience (thermal, electromagnetics, structural statics/dynamics, material science)
- Expertise with ANSYS and/or KISSOFT; or equivalent simulation/CAE software packages
- Experience building a new capability within an organization; building the framework, practices, and the team
- Leadership experience
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 100+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/ and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg
This job posting is no longer active.