Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is an engineering/construction company headquartered in Katy, TX with an expertise in the natural gas, natural gas liquids, and petrochemical industries. OPD is part of the larger Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) organization which provides a variety of capabilities across many industries. Originally incorporated in 1980, OPD has developed a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and ability to successfully execute projects. OPD has a key advantage in being able to supply construction services as well as engineering/procurement. This enables clients to have a ''one stop shop'' for the overall project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential interface problems. OPD's industry experience, flexibility, and personal attention have made us a preferred partner to our customers and our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere makes OPD a great place to work.
The jobsite located in Baytown, TX has an opening for a Precision Millwright.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Inspect, move, and set equipment such as turbines, pumps, motors, Fin Fans, cooling towers, compressors into position
- Use precision leveling and alignment tools in order to measure angles, material thickness and small distances with calipers, squares, micrometers, optical instrumentation and other tools.
- Perform alignments user laser and reverse indictor
- Read blueprints, isometric drawings, schematics, and engineering specifications.
- Able to use industrial hand tools and power tools including but not limited to grinders, torque wrenches, band saws, chain falls, come-alongs, wrenches, and porta powers.
- Conduct preventive maintenance such as lubrication and repairing worn parts.
- Working with industry-specific and high complex precision machines including but not limited to: ball mills, ID fans, lube oil skids, turbines. Conveyors, generators, hydraulic systems, pumps, gears, dry gas seals, mechanical seals, bearings, compressors.
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture
- Recognize safety hazards and risks
- Participate in onsite safety meetings
- Follow OPD and client safety policies and procedures
- Be aware of changing conditions on an active jobsite
- Be on time to the jobsite each day ready for work
- Display a positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment
- High attention to detail to avoid reworks and errors
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations.
- Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs
- Standing for extended periods of time up to 11 hours per day.
- Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work on elevated platforms and maintain balance when stepping on narrow platforms such as beams and pipes. Must be able to perform these activities while wearing an approved full-body harness and lanyard.
- Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or tools.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3 or more years of experience with industrial machinery installation, repairs and maintenance of power generation machines and equipment.
- 3 or more years of experience working as a millwright
- Own all journeyman precision millwright tools
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote areas at times.
- Must be willing and able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day and 7 days per week
- Must be willing and able to meet all physical demands of the job
- Must be able and willing to attend mandatory safety meetings
- Must be a safety role model
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience working with compressors and turbines
- Previous experience in a gas plant construction environment
- 5 or more years of experience working as a millwright
- NCCER Millwright Certification
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf