Logistics Manager- Fort Smith, AR
Come print, form, and mold a new career with the Dixie® Consumer Products group as our Logistics Manager supporting Georgia-Pacific’s Dixie® manufacturing facility in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Georgia-Pacific’s Fort Smith facility uses cutting edge technology to manufacture Dixie® plates. Dixie® is a brand of choice and is widely used in homes and businesses across the country. For more information on who we are and what we do, visit our website at www.dixie.com.
If you are a strategic leader looking to make an impact in the vital shipping, receiving, warehouse and supply chain units then this is the opportunity for you. You can expect to apply focus on leading large and small scale projects to increase throughput capacity, equipment reliability, efficiency, and traceability; as well as learning to drive continuous improvement of safety and compliance, quality, cost and inventory management aligned with our MBM® Guiding Principles.
What You Will Do In Your Role
·As a member of the plant leadership team, you will be responsible for the development of the warehouse and 20-30 members of the warehouse team in a 24/7 union environment.
·Learn to apply MBM® (Market Based Management) in your role as a leader-This will help you as you initiate, lead, and deliver improvement projects to increase throughput capacity, equipment reliability, and material/finished goods tracking that provide the business with a competitive advantage in the marketplace
·Apply your project management, communication, and leadership skills to promote collaboration, teamwork, and high-level cooperation across the business in a way that will help you to build and maintain relationships throughout the operation and the business.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain management, project management or business management
- Five (5) or more years of experience within a leadership position in manufacturing, warehouse or supply chain environment
- Experience using common manufacturing metrics such as productivity, spoilage, cost, reliability, and accuracy
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools in the following manner: Excel – (sorting data, creating tables, and creating graphs); Outlook – (scheduling tasks, calendar invitations and general professional correspondence); Word – (document creation/editing); PowerPoint – (presentation creation/editing)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) or more years of experience within a department manager position requiring strategic leadership
- Experience using inventory tracking software systems
- Experience working with order/shipment planning software
- Project management experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf