Georgia-Pacific is seeking Shipping Office Coordinators for our Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products Distribution Centers located in Portland, OR. The shipping coordinator is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day activities in the shipping and receiving offices, including providing customer service to the truck drivers.
Georgia-Pacific Northwest Service Centers operates three very large distribution centers in the Portland, Oregon area. We ship and receive approximately 95,000 trucks each year, carrying your favorite brands including Quilted Northern Bath Tissue, Brawny® Towels, Dixie plates, cups and bowls, as well as other items found in public establishments, including enMotion® towels and dispensers. The Service Centers are expanding and opening a new building, as well as implementing a new inventory management system. If you want to be a part of a business that is growing and innovating, this is a great opportunity for you! We’re searching for candidates who enjoy clerical work in a fast-paced environment. This is a great opportunity for someone who is flexible and can adapt to change quickly. If that sounds like you, apply today!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide customer service to the truck drivers, providing them with the appropriate paperwork and instructing them on where to park their trailers
- Greet and check in visitors
- Accurately process shipping paperwork
- Dispatch work to the forklift drivers on the warehouse floor
- Manage the workload of incoming and outgoing freight
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience entering data into computer systems
- Experience using 10 key by touch to enter data
What Will Put You Ahead
- One or more years of office/clerical experience
- Experience in warehousing, transportation, or inventory control
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf