Process Control Engineer
Process Control Engineer - Clatskanie, OR
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus Could Be Yours!
Position is eligible for a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus, apply to find out more details.
Georgia-Pacific's Consumer Products division is seeking qualified professionals to consider for the Process Control Engineer position at our Wauna facility located in Clatskanie, OR. This role is responsible for optimization, troubleshooting, evaluating root cause to address technical issues, and some project management. The ideal candidate will have HMI and PLC knowledge, be experienced with various drives and equipment integration and have the ability to communicate across all groups of the organization.
The Wauna mill is the proud producer of household products such as Brawny®, Angel Soft®, Sparkle®, and Vanity Fair®,. The mill has 5 paper machines and 12 converting lines. Georgia-Pacific is investing $25 million into the mill for a new Angel Soft®, bath tissue converting line. This line will help achieve the mill’s vision of safely and responsibly providing the best value products to its customers. This investment shows GP’s commitment to the Wauna Mill and its long-term future.
The mill is located in a picturesque and uncrowded setting and is surrounded by the Clatsop Forest. Its central location provides numerous opportunities for both outdoor recreation and citing living. Portland, Oregon is only an hour’s drive away, while the Pacific Ocean can be reached in under thirty minutes. Many outdoor activities are available near the mill including fishing, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking and boating. And for the adventurer, Mt. St. Helens provides climbing opportunities and Mt. Hood and Mt. Rainier are home to several world class ski resorts.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Evaluating processes and equipment operation
- Developing and executing migration plans for legacy control system platforms
- Evaluating root cause and addressing technical issues with long-term solutions in mind
- Planning and managing process improvement projects
- Providing support for existing and new Process Control systems; this includes Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's) custom control applications running in a MS environment, and Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Communicating and working with various operational, environmental maintenance and engineering levels in a team environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two(2) or more years of professional experience working with PLC's or servo drives to include troubleshooting, modifications and additions
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working within a Pulp and Paper operation
- Five (5) or more years of professional experience working with PLC's to include troubleshooting, modifications, and additions
- Experience working with multiple platforms including troubleshooting, modifications, and additions: Emerson Delta V, Honeywell Experion, Rockwell RS Logix 5000
- Experience working with various drive systems
- Experience working with various protocols such as Modbus, Profibus, ControlNet, Ethernet/IP
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Hands on programming experience and hardware management in industrial process control platforms and networks
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf