Sourcing Engineer - NPD
Molex is seeking an experienced Sourcing and Procurement or Engineering professional to help control our new product BOM and primary production category costs through strategy development and implementation. This pertains specifically to the Copper Solutions Business Unit (CSBU) in our Datacom & Specialty Solutions (DSS) division. This role reports to the Sourcing Manager. As Sourcing Engineer, you will be responsible to apply the appropriate category strategies, identify and contract with suppliers and manage BOM line-item costs through Product Launch. You will serve as the sourcing single point of contact for the product development teams supporting the sourcing activities of all BOM line items for assigned product development projects. You will be responsible for engaging other sourcing and procurement resources (material category managers, NPD sourcing, division sourcing, procurement operations) as necessary to ensure objectives are met for product launch. This role is also challenged to improve the supplier selection process and innovation through the new product introduction process. You will develop and execute the sourcing process for new suppliers, materials, components, and services for CSBU.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Promote cross-functional collaboration between business groups, drive communication and work to foster a culture of innovation providing value to the business.
- Acquire and maintain understanding of product purchases, knowledge of the supply base and product cost.
- Lead supplier RFQ process relative to components, conducting supplier analysis to ensure that competitive pricing, continuity of supply risk mitigation, delivery, quality, and lead time is being achieved.
- Partner with CSBU design teams throughout the Product Development Process (PDP) to manage BOM cost for third party outsourced component and assemblies, with focus on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Build and maintain technical understanding of the products, categories purchased, and supplier capabilities.
- Partner with Molex design teams throughout Product Development Process (PDP) to drive lowest total cost of the BOM
- Bring “Design to Value” (manufacturing, quality, cost, etc.) viewpoint to Product design team.
- Strive to improve and increase the efficiencies of New Product Sourcing processes by collaborating with design teams.
- Participate in meetings to ensure key customer deliverables are being met (cost, lead time, etc.).
- Conduct should-cost and make vs. buy analyses to support sourcing decisions.
- Identify, develop, and implement cost avoidance / reduction opportunities to increase overall business unit profitability.
- Participate in supplier audits and supplier material qualification activities as needed.
- Consistently display a continuous improvement focus on reducing design time, reducing development costs, and improving product quality with suppliers and with internal Molex work partners.
The Experience You Will Bring
- BA/BS in Engineering or Technical Field, Masters degree in Business or Engineering preferred
- Supply Chain or Procurement Experience 3-5 years of Procurement experience focused on electrical and/or mechanical categories (passive devices, custom mechanical parts, printed circuit boards, injection molding, cables, or similar direct material categories)
- Experience in negotiation and developing contracts.
- Previous experience with project planning and New Product Development
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated experience driving cross functional collaboration across business units and geographies
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating
- Self-driven and quick learner
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- SAP knowledge and experience Alignment to Koch-Molex MBM Philosophy
- May require business travel domestic and international up to 15%.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf