Flint Hills Resources Pine Bend Refinery in Rosemount, MN, located in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro, is hiring for a Capital Project Manager. This position will lead cross-functional project teams to efficiently implement capital improvements to meet specific business objectives. This position is accountable for project planning, design development, and execution, including creation of schedules, cost estimates, and scopes of work. Projects generally range in size from $250K to $10MM.
We are looking for someone who can manage multiple projects in various phases in a timely and safe manner, anticipate and challenge situations, solve problems, remove roadblocks, and make sound recommendations. The culture at this refinery is one of integrity and humility, where innovation and creativity are encouraged and expected.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Managing multiple capital projects using a phased approach that ensures the quality and competitive performance expected by stakeholders
- Leading a project team consisting of engineers, operations, construction, and vendors to ensure all aspects of the project are properly considered, including scope selection, safety, environmental, construction, operations, and reliability
- Effectively managing costs and schedule to drive toward best in industry
- Developing comprehensive project execution plans with focus on scope, cost, schedule, risk management, engineering, procurement, and construction
- Communicating capital project status to various stakeholders within the organization
- Utilizing knowledge & experience with earned decision rights to create value in a project management environment that ensures the quality and competitive performance expected by stakeholders
- Utilizing skills to recognize opportunities for value creation and innovation in the project management work processes
- Infrequent turnarounds may require weekend and evening hours for project support
- Physical requirements including climbing ladders/stairs to elevated platforms
The Experience You Will Bring
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years work experience (internships included) involving projects in refining, chemical, or a heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience and capability to lead and coordinate teams while proactively removing road blocks
- Written and oral communication skills along with critical thinking skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years’ experience working in a Refinery or Chemical plant
- Project management work experience in a refinery or petrochemical environment
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Position not eligible for VISA Sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf