Painter/Grouter - Channelview, TX
Koch Specialty Plant Services, LLC is seeking a Grouter/Touch up Painter for a client project in Channelview, TX. This role will be responsible for touching up pre-painted pipe at the project after welds are made. This role will also be responsible for grouting of steel columns and miscellaneous steel supports throughout project. This role is not eligible for sponsorship or relocation.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for mixing and applying grout for foundation footings and pedestals per provided drawings and specifications.
- Must be able to measure grout thickness and verify against drawings.
- Use various tools in grouting such as a trowel, hammer, and 2x4 to pack in grout. Familiar with use of bonding agents and familiar with concrete touch up.
- Understand foundation pier touch up/ concrete rubbing.
- Use various tools such as a wire brush, flapper wheel, and hand sander to be prepare paint surface for painting.
- Touch up paint on pre-painted pipe that has been previously installed.
- Responsible for taping off areas as appropriate.
- Strong knowledge of paint mixing and application per product instructions.
- Work with QA on grout and paint that meets client specs.
- Must have knowledge of how paint and grout react in different climates.
- Pay close attention to housekeeping in your work area and storing materials.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two years of experience painting and grouting in an industrial environment
- Solid working knowledge of industrial grouts and coatings
- Current TWIC card
- Must be able to read drawings, ISOs, and other construction drawings
- Must be able to read and communicate in English
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience working in civil as a carpenter, or helper
- High attention to detail
- 5 or more years of experience working as a painter or grouter
Candidates must be willing and able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may require up to twelve hours a day, seven days a week for extended durations
- Candidates also must be able to work in confined spaces and be capable of climbing ladders, scaffolds, and working at heights
- Must be able to perform work wearing personal protective equipment including but not limited to rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses, etc.
- Respiratory Protection Fit-Testing and Pulmonary Function Testing is required. Additional medical examinations, such as Fitness for Duty exams are required
The job will primarily be on or around construction/turnaround sites in petrochemical operational units and include possible hazardous environments such as confined spaces and working at heights. Exposure to loud noises, dust, dirt, irritants and smoke may occur. Special Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be necessary to control some hazardous environments. Additional forms of PPE may be required depending on the particular project. Safety requirements must be verified and meet standards set forth by client permits, policies and procedures, and be performed in compliance with all federal, state and local laws or ordinances before work activities can begin.
Koch Specialty Plant Services, Inc. (KSPS) is a world leader for providing tower, vessel, and mass transfer equipment services to the refining and chemical industry. We attained this leadership position by applying Market-Based Management®, our unique business philosophy that combines core values with a focused business approach. Integrity, compliance and customer focus are paramount to our success and KSPS' industry leading position as a specialty tower, vessel and mass transfer internals service provider has been solidified in the market place because, quite simply, ''We do what we say we can do''.
There are many ways to define value. For KSPS, meeting our commitments and exceeding customer expectations are key measures when it comes to quantifying the true value of a deliverable. Unlike anyone else, KSPS has the ability to integrate people, experience, discipline, knowledge, and our unique Market-Based Management business philosophy to deliver the best value proposition in the industry.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf