Plant Master Planning Manager
Guardian Industries is a diversified global manufacturing company with leading positions in float glass and fabricated glass products for the commercial and residential construction industries. Through our Science & Technology Center, Guardian is at the forefront of innovation including development of high performance, energy-saving glass coatings and other advanced products. Guardian, our subsidiaries, and affiliates operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.(http://www.guardian.com/GuardianGlass)
Location: Carleton, MI or DeWitt, IA
Guardian’s North America Glass division is currently seeking an individual to fill the new position of Master Planning Leader. This is a key position reporting directly to the Regional Master Planning Manager. We hire individuals who are highly self-motivated and energetic, ambitious, career-oriented, flexible, quietly confident, and competitive through teams and able to lead through influence.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The Master Planning Leader is the process owner for plant level production planning and scheduling activities for one or more float plants. The Master Planning Leader develops and maintains the key product level supply plan within the agreed upon timeframe (0-60 days) and ensures timely execution of the plan at the finite level. The Leader partners with finite schedulers and plant leaders to achieve an executable plan for each process or department within the plant. The role is responsible to develop stocking strategy and to optimize inventory levels in alignment with the Regional Sales & Operations Planning strategy.
The Master Planning Leader is the integration point from Supply Chain into the plant Operations organization, translating Sales & Operations Planning activities into actionable production schedules.
- Manage finite scheduling staff and the scheduling process to achieve planned schedule attainment or adherence objectives.
- Partner with Plant Operations and Customer Service to minimize service fails.
- Translate output of RapidResponse (Integrated Business Planning tool) into actionable production schedules aligned with executing to the overall Sales & Operations Plan.
- Manage supply planning assumptions in RapidResponse based on input from Plant Operations.
- Develop stocking strategies based on historic demand patterns, commercial strategy, and customer contracts.
- Partner with plant Warehouse Managers to align inventory levels with available warehouse capacity.
- Partner with plant Shipping Managers to maintain dock capacities required to achieve the monthly plan.
- Manage inventory stocking strategy to meet annual business plan. Manage aging inventory to prevent loss through obsolescence.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and customer service to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Travel (up to 20%) between locations of Master Planning responsibility.
The Experience You Will Bring
- at least 3 years of experience in supply chain, production planning, scheduling, or related
- Proficiency in excel
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills
- Communication skills to be able to interact with all teams; influence, build relationships and facilitate
- Capability to work with data and translate into high level analysis to drive business decisions in connection with the Sales & Operations Planning process.
What Will Put You Ahead
- APICS certification a plus
- Bachelor’s College Degree is preferred
- Kinaxis Rapid Response or other integrated business planning tool preferred
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf