Mechanical Crew Leader (Back End)
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Mechanical Crew Leader (Back End) to join our Cedar Springs, GA containerboard facility. The Back-End Maintenance Crew Leader will supervise the daily work of unionized Mechanics and/or electricians. This position leads the daily activities of a team of Maintenance personnel in the areas of safety, quality and maintenance for all equipment and buildings to meet the departmental goals. The successful person will possess strong communication, organizational, problem solving, interpersonal, coaching and mentoring skills. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a team and make an impact on our Cedar Springs mill. Our culture is defined by the Market-Based Management® philosophy which guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Consistently contributes to the efforts of the Cedar Springs mill employees to improve maintenance reliability by applying reliability principles such as Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) to identify the appropriate Predicative and Preventative maintenance procedures
- Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with Operation, Procurement, Engineering, and Maintenance Planners
- Ensures key performance indicators are captured and reported for equipment reliability, maintenance department performance and planning and scheduling business flow process - these include schedule compliance, break-in data, backlog metrics, and PM adherence
- Executes daily routine, periodic and annual shutdown work orders for the assigned department
- Actively leads team safety meetings - consistently contributes to the efforts of the Cedar Springs mill to continuously improve safety
- Coaches, manages and teaches manufacturing staff in the assigned areas
- Utilizes excellent communication ability to multiple levels of the organization
- Manages multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excels at leadership by being self-motivated and self-directed
- Utilizes excellent interpersonal skills to motivate teams to meet or exceed expectations
- Utilizes strategic thinking and organizational skills
- Leverages technology effectively
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Three (3) or more years of leadership experience in a heavy industrial environment with manufacturing processes
- Five (5) or more years of maintenance supervisory experience
- Experience in industrial maintenance with knowledge of mechanical equipment and reliability programs
- Experience with industrial pumps, agitators and screens
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering OR Paper Science
- Experience in paper production and processing operations
- Technical Writing Experience
- Convergence or Learning Management Systems administration experience
Since 1963, the Cedar Springs mill team has been on a journey to make the best products possible for customers while doing it in new and innovative ways. Creating value for our customers and for society is the ultimate goal for our business, and one of our comparative advantages is our ability to do so through our dedicated employees. Georgia-Pacific is committed to environmental sustainability and stewardship through every stage of our business, using environmentally conscious production practices to maximize the use of renewable raw materials throughout our process.
The Cedar Springs facility is one of the largest containerboard facilities in the country with three paper machines that make different weights of brown paper & containerboard paper. The Cedar Springs Mill, located in the southwest corner of Georgia is approximately 28 miles from Dothan, Alabama. Dothan is the 6th largest city in the state of Alabama with a population of about 70,000. From Dothan, you are only 90 miles from the beautiful Gulf Coast. You can easily drive to 3 capital cities in 3 1/2 hours or less. You are just 1.5 hours from Tallahassee, FL and Montgomery, AL. Additionally, Dothan has several parks, restaurants and local entertainment activities. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf