Multi Craft Maintenance Technician
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician.
Our ideal Technician is a self-motivated, skilled hourly professional with a working knowledge of mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and a solid foundation in the skills needed to properly maintain manufacturing equipment. This position is a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity and we are interested in learning more about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery
- Installing and aligning new equipment
- Performing periodic maintenance routines including lubricating machine tools and equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Maintaining accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventative maintenance findings
- Working with the operations and maintenance teams to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Helping meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
- Application of simple problem-solving methods such as 5Y to reduce and eliminate failures
- Ability to learn and practice Electrical and Instrumentation skills
- Working in a hot, humid, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing PPE (protective personal equipment
Ability to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and overtime when needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum two (2) years of mechanical maintenance experience, e.g. millwright, pipe fitting, and/or welding, in an industrial environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues and making repairs on bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors, etc.
- Experience with reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps, lubrication
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates degree or two (2) years of study from a technical college in the fields of Industrial Maintenance or Industrial Technology
- Five (5) or more years of mechanical millwright experience in an industrial environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf