Project Controls Lead
Optimized Process Designs is now hiring for a Project Controls Lead. This position is intended to utilize existing and available data sources to develop and sponsor project controls in support of all company projects, tailored for applications ranging from turnarounds to billion-dollar turnkey projects. This a new role that will require someone that can drive implementation of this new project controls organization.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Collaborate with OPD leadership to develop department objectives and phased implementation of project controls
- Develop and lead a project controls team in support of department objectives
- Collaborate with project estimates and project leadership to develop time-phased budgets for all major activities, as applicable to project size, risk, and importance
- Develop and maintain historical data for contribution to project estimating and forecasting
- Provide guidance to OPD leadership and project management in project estimating and forecasting, including review of monthly reporting
- Develop and maintain tailored progress measurement tools to support progress and productivity measurement
- Interface with Internal and external clients, including owners, engineers, designers, and field crews to verify work plans
- Develop, monitor, and maintain a plan and schedule for the “life of construction project, startup and commissioning”
- Present/Lead planning and schedule update meetings with project team
- Resource load/leveling activities within schedule
- Graphic representation of data such as progress curves, earned value, etc.
- Interact with all team members and contractors to assist with scope development, logistics and constraints
- Determine critical path items and communicate to execution team
- Monitors assigned project cost estimates, critical path, schedule performance, expenditures, forecasts, manpower, cash flow and project earned value.
- Generate, review, and submit system reports to provide Project Managers, Construction Managers, and Owner with the information necessary to effectively understand and manage the project. Support daily, weekly, and monthly project updates.
- Effectively identify project risk through analysis to drive competitive projects.
The Experience You Will Bring
- College degree
- Experience running projects in Primavera (P6)
- 5+ years' of experience in engineering, procurement, and/or construction planning
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and ability to develop scope of work and schedule
- Familiarity static and rotating equipment, valves, and piping
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering-related field
- 5+ years' of related industrial plant experience
- 3+ years' of turnaround planning/scheduling experience
- Prior experience as a foreman or above
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf