Senior Process Engineer
Georgia-Pacific, LLC is seeking a Senior Process Engineer for Albany / Eugene, OR. The role will collaborate with a variety of departments to resolve issues and drive innovation, efficiency, and safety excellence.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support the early development of project ideas and scope development in a chemical plant environment for capital and non-capital improvements.
- Provide documentation of process design criteria.
- Develop process flow diagrams, material and energy balances, piping and instrument diagrams, functional specifications for process controls, and major equipment specifications.
- Use critical & economic thinking, the challenge process, and team collaboration to resolve issues and drive innovation, efficiency, and safety excellence.
- Provide leadership in the operation of a new technology where chemical engineering knowledge is crucial for establishing safe and reliable operations.
- Provide training to the operating and maintenance staff. (travel to the plant that is installing the technology)
- Furnish startup support at the plant site for major projects until the operating plant can safely operate the new units.
- Act as the technical lead during startup.
- Use organization and planning skills to execute tasks in a timely, purposeful, and orderly fashion.
- Use critical thinking, processes, and collaboration to troubleshoot equipment and machinery.
- Use engineering skills to evaluate the application of a new technology to different types of manufacturing plants. Assist in the transfer of the technology to the user plant
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience communicating with operators and plant personnel in production, process trouble shooting, and process design
- Experience developing detailed process Scopes of Work
- Experience working independently and with multi-discipline teams
- Experience performing and documenting process calculations, including, but not limited to: hydraulics, pneumatics, heat transfer, and material/energy balance
- Development of Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), and Process Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Process equipment sizing and specifications of pumps, piping, storage tanks, heat exchangers, control valves, transmitters (level, pressure, flow)
- Development of equipment datasheets and instrumentation specifications
- Presentation of work results to management
- Equipment installation, commissioning, and start up
- Willing and able to travel up to an average of 35%.
Experience with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s Degree or higher
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience in chemical engineering
- Experience managing projects
- Chemical engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf