Sales Development Manager (m/f/d) - Digital Solutions
OnPoint Digital Solutions is looking for a Sales Development Manager for the European organization in Krefeld (Germany) to join the KES team! The Sales Development Manager would be part of a fast-growing technology start-up within one of the largest Private Companies in the US with the opportunity to grow professionally selling value added technical solutions as a service to customers in a highly flexible and fast-moving environment.
OnPoint Digital Solutions is a new Koch Engineered Solutions company, focused on providing actionable insights for our customers to enable real time monitoring and optimization of their operations. We combine our deep subject matter expertise in combustion, distillation, separation, filtration with digital technology to deliver new solutions and technology which will create value for our customers.
Sales Development Manager (m/f/d) – Digital Solutions
What You Will Do In Your Role
A Day In The Life Of A Sales Development Manager
- Participating in frequent customer engagements building relationships with key influencers and decision makers
- Developing a thorough understanding of customer’s processes, pain points, opportunities and priorities and validating our technical solution can deliver desired outcome to improve operations
- Influencing customer “buy” decisions by preparing and delivering strong presentations and proposals for technical solutions and facilitating customer communications throughout the sales pursuit process.
- Partner with customers to align on the opportunity’s success criteria and optimum solution, and quantify and articulate the value-based outcome enabled by our technology solution
- Developing a deep understanding of the marketplace and value drivers to identify potential opportunities and provide feedback and prioritization on enhancements to current technology and new potential solutions
- Preparing proposals and negotiation of new contracts
- Collaborating with internal solution development, delivery, and customer success teams to ensure all customer requirements and success criteria are clearly articulated and incorporated into project plans
A successful candidate for this position will have the following attributes:
- Determined and passionate to build trust and credibility to identify and understand customers pain points, opportunities, and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills – writing, presentation, interpersonal and negotiation.
- Exhibit an entrepreneurial focus with creative problem-solving skills to bring value-based outcomes to customers.
- Good analytic and strategic thinking skills focused on understanding customer concerns and opportunities and collaborate effectively to design solutions or pivoting strategy to address.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Extensive direct experience selling technical digital solutions or into industrial applications
- Good analytic and strategic thinking skills focused on understanding customer concerns and opportunities and collaborate effectively to design solutions or pivoting strategy to address
- Demonstrated experience and ability to advance the entire sales cycle from prospecting and lead generation strategies to successful close
- Business Fluent in German and English
- Experience establishing and expanding customer accounts across a broad spectrum of customer roles, such as maintenance, operations, engineering to leadership roles
- Excellent communication skills – writing, presentations, interpersonal and negotiation
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Able to travel for work up to 40% of the time by plane, car, etc.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Multiple years of Applications Engineering, Sales Engineering, and/or Business Development experience in refining, petrochemical, or oil and gas industry
- Established networks in refining, petrochemical, or oil and gas industry
- Experience in combustion, distillation and / or separations applications
- Experience selling complex and technical value-based outcomes with software as a service offering
- Experience in selling solutions primarily leveraged and enabled by digital technology, Industrial Internet of Things, Industry 4.0, Digital Manufacturing
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM platforms
- Fluent in further European languages on top of German and English