Molding Process Engineer
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. Perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives!
SRG Global is seeking a Molding Process Engineer in Morhead, KY!
The Process Engineer is responsible for managing the technical aspects of the Molding Process (ex. Tooling Trials, Coordinating Tool Changes, Mentoring Technicians) to produce quality molded parts.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintain 6S Standards, shift scrap goals, tool change goals and OEE goals
- Complete yield improvement projects as assigned or needed
- Participate in design review meetings on new awarded tooling and provide needed feedback to corporate tooling team
- Participate in mold flow reviews and provide detailed analysis solutions to potential processing concerns
- Participate in tooling trials on new molds, documenting the Launch Procedure and providing the feedback/ solutions needed to produce a mold that is capable of high yields
- Create new process books for new and incoming jobs
- Train, Mentor and coach all technicians on all technical skills
- Coordinate tool changes & shift priorities
- Maintain uptime of all presses scheduled
- Answer press calls for downtime, scrap, and tool cleanings
- Approach each problem using scientific molding methodology
- Complete tool change set ups as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of experience supporting mold processing and optimization
- 2+ years of Supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Experience writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Experience presenting information and responding to questions from internal and external stakeholders
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master Molder 1 or 2
- Automotive experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf