Printing/Plastics Product System Leader
Product System Leader
Georgia-Pacific’s Dixie® Continuous Manufacturing Group is seeking qualified professionals for their Printing/Plastics Product System Leader (PSL) opportunity supporting the Lexington, KY manufacturing operation. Accountable for 4 salary direct and over 40 hourly indirect reports, the PSL has responsibility for all aspects of production operations in the Printing/Plastics departments. This role provides expertise and leadership to support base operations and guide transformation initiatives/continuous improvement through risk reduction, compliance, quality, cost, and reliability. The leader in this role will improve the organization’s growth through operational discipline, lean manufacturing elements and workforce capability development toward the goal of a world class manufacturer of Consumer Products.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Safety & Culture:
- Improve employee knowledge, capability and use of safety program elements
- Build and support a culture where employees identify risks and work to reduce them
- Partner with safety professionals to develop strategies and champion a safe work environment
- Adhere to plant safety, housekeeping, and 6S efforts
- Develop an organizational capability in safety excellence
Operations Excellence & Performance Management:
- Lead employees in all aspects of the Printing/Plastics production process
- Improve Operations Excellence efforts and both department’s competitive position relative to risk reduction, compliance, quality, reliability, cost, transformation, and capital deployment
- Develop team members into Principled Entrepreneurs through an effective organizational structure, including Roles, Responsibilities and Expectations connected to the facility vision
- Accelerate training and verification process of team members
- Coordinate with and advise the Operations Manager/Plant Director on operations strategy and implement changes as needed to establish an ownership based work system
- Partner with supporting capabilities to pursue the facility vision and communicate effectively with a diverse workforce
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience leading in a principled and ownership-based work environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Business
- Five (5) or more years of experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Prior responsibility for projects, processes, or direct reports within a manufacturing environment
- Experience managing product systems
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working within board manufacturing, printing, plastics thermoforming operation
- Direct leadership of operations excellence improvements including Accelerated Manufacturing Transformation, Operations Playbook Implementation, or Asset Strategy Improvement efforts
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf