Embedded Software Developer
At Molex, we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. The mission of the Industrial Automation group at Molex is to drive and support the evolving needs of our global customers and partners in the (r)evolution of technology and platforms to support Industry 4.0. Our products and platform support customers in diverse market sectors, including robotics, plant automation and process control.
As a member of the embedded development team, you will be responsible for creating new solutions for our customers by producing modular, re-usable, highly performant components that target our innovative run-time environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of embedded development in C language and a solid understanding of both Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and bare-metal firmware design, development and deployment principles and best practices.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Developing embedded applications, communication protocols and libraries for the Industrial Automation 4.0 platform.
- Work closely with system architects to ensure services conform to target architecture
- Be an integral part of a Scrum team supported by a full CI/CD pipeline
The Experience You Will Bring
- Programming experience in C/C++ (with a strong personal preference for C)
- Experience with RTOS process/task design and a solid understanding of scheduling, resource sharing and hardware interfacing concepts
- Hands-on experience with one of: QNX, VxWorks, Windows Embedded/IoT or RTLinux
- Experience with bare-metal deployments, preferably on ARM architectures