Development Engineer / Software Engineer - Combustion and Emission Equipment
The successful candidate will generate, maintain, and support complex engineering software tools and algorithms acting as both developer and engineer. Collaborating with technology experts and business stakeholders, the successful candidate will maintain tools and process standards as well as contribute to development of new technology and innovations for combustion and emission control technology.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop, maintain, and upgrade engineering software applications – principally internal tools utilized to design, size, and analyze combustion and emission control equipment and systems. Primary platform is Microsoft Excel or Visual Studio utilizing VBA or C# languages.
- Working with technology experts, develop and maintain complex engineering algorithms utilized to predict equipment performance using engineering first principal calculations, empirical data, and data modeling.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to define program tool requirements, acceptance criteria, and define success metrics.
- Generate and maintain process standards.
- Maintain legacy engineering programs and tools
- Participate in development of new technologies and innovations.
- Participate in the testing and evaluation of new combustion equipment and emission control technology in the Tulsa test center.
- Generate detailed thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and heat transfer calculations as needed to support the business.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex engineering problems
- BS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Programming, Physics, or equivalent
- Experience with VBA with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with VB or C# in Visual Studio
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years of process design engineering experience for refining or petrochemical equipment
- 3+ years of combustion equipment design and/or emission control equipment
- Work experience generating and utilizing empirical models
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf