Designer Center of Excellence Leader
Georgia Pacific is currently seeking (1) Leader for our new regional Design Centers of Excellence (Design CoE). The CoE Leaders will be responsible for structuring and leading design programs that are aligned with their customers’ needs. Customers of this role include our external customers, the commercial organization, and operations. CoE Leaders are responsible for leveraging their team members’ capabilities to drive customer value. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of structural design, innovation, and commercialization. They will also have strong people management skills, driving a culture of Market Based Management across their team.
With more than 40 facilities across more than 20 states, Georgia-Pacific Corrugated is a recognized leader in innovative, customer-focused packaging solutions. The company maintains a commitment to safety, sustainability and consistent quality in its manufacture of high graphic and traditional corrugated packaging, with brands such as Greenshield®, Color-Box® and Brand Ready Packaging®. The company’s Innovation Institute® simulates retail and packaging environments, allowing customers to experience sustainable innovation and novel package design solutions in action.
The location of this position will be based in the region supported (West Coast). We are open to the West Coast CoE Leaders living within a 90 minute flight to the California region.
- West Coast Region– Arizona / Seattle / California
- Southeast Region - Norcross, GA - THIS LOCATION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Proactively engages with Sales, Operations, and Customers to identify meaningful opportunities
- Drives collaboration within the CoE, cross functionally, and across the broader Design Community
- Recognizes trends and/or technology gaps, then engages with other CoE’s to develop coordinated solutions
- Quickly explores multiple ways to leverage advantaged GP capabilities to drive customer value
- Manages Regional Design project loads
- Manage, coaches and develop Regional Designers; responsible for regular feedback including an annual 360 performance review, and annual compensation reviews
- Independently structures and leads development programs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or Design related field and/or equivalent of 10 years of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years corrugated structural design experience; including Artios and CAD table
- Ability to travel 20%; including overnight stays
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3 or more years of experience managing designers
- WEST COAST REGION ONLY: Experience with corrugated designed for produce products
- Previous Leadership or supervisory experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf