Here is a chance to join part of Georgia-Pacific’s Building Products division! The Camden, TX facility manufactures Southern Yellow Pine Lumber used in both residential and commercial construction. The procurement of our lumber is certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative®. These products have a long-standing reputation for being strong, reliable, and consistent, making them the preferred product on many construction sites. You can learn more about Camden's products at www.buildgp.com.
Georgia-Pacific in Camden, TX is hiring Lumber Trainees. This role creates value by performing various housekeeping tasks, learning multiple lumber machine operator functions, and performing basic asset care duties on machinery and equipment to reduce downtime and maintain lumber production standards. Successful candidates will exhibit adaptability, initiative, a collaborative work approach, and zero-tolerance for safety risks. Successful candidates will have the ability to change shifts when given short notice (e.g. one day’s notice).
The Lumber Trainee role is an entry-level position with opportunities for advancement in the organization.
New Starting Rate: $16.50 Per Hour
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Learning to operate machinery to expected performance levels
- Assisting crew members and work in a team environment
- Maintaining cleanliness in assigned areas
- Maintaining productivity performance standards
- Performing tasks such as lifting (up to 50 lbs.), walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day in a noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated manufacturing plant environment
- Daily walking on a catwalk at heights over 15 feet to perform duties
- Maintaining a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Six (6) months of previous work history
- Willing and able to meet the physical and safety requirements of the job.
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) year experience or more in a manufacturing, industrial, farming, agriculture, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, or construction environment
- Experience working in the lumber or plywood industries
- Experience operating a forklift
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf