The Demurrage Analyst at KOCH Shipping PTE LTD is an integral component of the Shipping team. They interact internally with traders, operations, IT professionals, contract administration, accounting, and credit to oversee all time chartered and Freight relet waterborne movements and the related Demurrage/Dispatch implications.
This role will be located in Varna.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Grown and maintain the laytime capability
- Continuous development of laytime skills
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers
- Submit and negotiate demurrage/despatch claims in line with charter party terms
- Actively communicate with counterparties to ensure timely collection of receivables
- Report status of demurrage negotiations to traders
- Work closely with accounting to ensure efficient processing of demurrage payables and proper billing of receivables
- Thoroughly review Koch contracts and advise traders when laytime and demurrage language requires realignment. Review contracts and highlight potential commercial risk.
- Analyze demurrage trends to understand business changes and advise trading group in ways to minimize future risk
- Develop ad-hoc metrics to stay ahead of an ever-changing business
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree (Maritime, Accounting, Business, Finance, Mathematics preferred) or 5 years commercial shipping support.
- 3+ years direct experience with Charter Parties and Laytime negotiation.
- Proficient in Office 365
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ability to analyze data with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate through both written correspondence and verbal communication
- High level of motivation
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to create metrics by pulling data from multiple sources