Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Maintenance Manager for the Oriented Strand Board (OSB) manufacturing site in Englehart, Ontario. The Maintenance Manager will provide leadership and direction to the maintenance department to ensure that the mill’s maintenance is meeting objectives in safety, quality, cost and customer service. The candidate will lead and support preventative maintenance programs, and provide technical support for troubleshooting, to minimize downtime and maximize process efficiencies.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safety Leadership – Accountable for the safety performance of the maintenance area while promoting personal accountability for working safely and addressing safety concerns in all areas of the mill.
- Asset Maintenance – Develop and implement maintenance and improvement strategies while managing within the allotted goals and budgets.
- Help employees understand who their customers are and how their work directly impacts spending and mill profits/loses.
- Business Leadership – Ensure use of the Reliability Mental Model
- Demonstrate results by working effectively with other mill leaders and resources to improve year over year results.
- Meets regularly with direct reports, and other maintenance team members to increase knowledge and improve skills.
- Business Culture – Embrace the direction of the company’s way of doing business (Market Based Management) and help continue to change the culture through tools, and processes available.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience leading improvement efforts in Maintenance Reliability, and Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
- Knowledgeable in the areas of, conveyor systems, alignments, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Economic thinking – with ROI in collaboration with Operations
- Experience leading digital process optimization or other improvement projects
- Experience managing multi discipline direct reports
- Experience routinely utilizing Root Cause Analysis or other similar problem-solving tools
- Able to read mechanical and structural drawings
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, and ability to learn various PC-based production and operations applications
- Must have experience working with a (computerized maintenance management system) CMMS
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering
- Technician/Technologist with a Red Seal certificate
- Leadership experience in a unionized workplace.
- OSB or wood products manufacturing knowledge