PROJECT MANAGER - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
The Retail Project Manager coordinates with project teams to deliver new product introductions ranging from packaging changes to line extensions, product improvements and new offerings. Working across multiple functions (such as Packaging, Brand, R&D), the Project Manager maintains focus, alignment and collaboration to help ensure the team is working on the right things at the right time. Our Retail PMO supports a broad range of businesses including bath tissue, cups, plates, towels and napkins with both national and customer brands. Each Project Manager has a primary focus area aligned to a category / brand and may also have opportunities to work across categories.
Our PMs are comfortable leading through influence, helping decision-makers manage progress, understand risks, evaluate alternatives and drive solutions forward. As a trusted advisor to our Brand teams, the Project Manager plays a key role in ensuring successful execution of new product & packaging initiatives and is responsible for using processes and tools to build consistency and efficiency across the organization. The Project Manager uses planning and organizational skills to keep the details in focus without losing sight of the “big picture” and being flexible to adjust as situations change.
Key responsibilities include:
- Document critical project attributes for decision-making and cross-functional execution via project charters (e.g., scope, value, resources, timeline)
- Develop a detailed project plan / timeline, leveraging stakeholder input and recognizing established Retail workflows, processes & deadlines
- Facilitate go / no go decisions and ensure Brand, Operations, R&D, Supply Chain, and other stakeholders are ready to support the project
- Monitor capacity as projects are added / completed and maintain focus on prioritized initiatives
- Communicate progress, coordinate work across the project team and drive on-time completion of tasks and deliverables
- Help the project team identify risks, develop mitigation plans, and escalate as needed
- Capture lessons learned and implement changes
PMO & Portfolio support
- Keep critical project information updated for portfolio reporting, project assessment, time/spend tracking
- Apply PMO tools & processes for project execution, prioritization, stakeholder reviews, etc.
- Help project teams and stakeholders learn and adopt new tools & processes
- Help identify opportunities for continuous improvement and develop solutions to make the Project Management Office more effective
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience coordinating projects, deliverables and timing
- Experience managing cross-functional teams such as Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, Packaging, Manufacturing, Legal
- Strong working knowledge of Office 365 tools and MS Project (or other project planning software)
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 3 years of experience managing new product introductions / product development
- CPG experience including brands sold thru major retailers with omni-channel presence
- Knowledge of a broad range of development processes, such as product improvements, packaging structure, package design / graphics, product design, manufacturability trials
- Experience with end to end management of projects, from idea to launch
- Project management certification
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf