Senior Quality Engineer
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Closely monitor the performance of key quality indicators and initiate, deploy and implement (IDI) plans or measures to meet the goals set.
- Execute high-level quality strategic plans provided by either oneself, immediate supervisor or higher management.
- Lead team to review, analyze daily process issues and drive assembly/component department for process or scrap/yield improvements. Engage AQP at early product development phase to better understand new products.
- Provide disposition for in-process or FG rejects, incoming component rejects and non-conforming customer returned parts.(Note that the incumbent has the authority to block suspected non-conforming stocks and stop shipment in-order to prevent defective parts from getting delivered to the customer.)
- Analyze process weakness and/or quality performance data and work with internal departments (including external sub-con) on quality improvement plans.
- Create, review and/or update inspection SOP, inspection checklist, control plan or special inspection instructions (SII) when needed.
- Ensure all documents (SOP, SII, WI, Control Plan, and Inspection Checklist) are updated regularly.
- Review and update quality management system procedures to meet the quality system requirements.
- Participate in investigation of customer complaints (including internal customers) for root causes, facilitate containment and corrective actions reply plus verify the effectiveness of the CA after implementation, through appropriate quality tools. Apply and introduce use of SPC tools where necessary for process control.
- Liaise with upstream and downstream processes or MQA/SQA/CQA/AQP engineers on quality issues.
- Plan and conduct periodic process line audits and participate in customer or supplier audits for compliance.
- Ensure that the department is readily prepared for customer audits, internal audits and/or external quality audits.
- When needed, conduct regular MSA (GR&R) on equipment and user for assessing measurement system.
- Implement error or mistake-proofing initiatives & to design process qualification test plan, eg. process tool qual, initiate test plan or validation, rework or sorting method, product safe launches, PMP, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Degree or Diploma in any Engineering discipline
- Proficiency in MS Office, basic GDT or technical drawing understanding, statistics knowledge, QMS auditing experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience on QC core tools, 8D reporting, TS16949, ISO9001 & EHS
- Knowledge of Statistical tools, eg. Minitab, AutoCad or 3D modelling, SAP, ISO/process auditing experience
- Experienced team leader