Job-specific intro paragraph
Georgia-Pacific has openings for Production Associates at our packaging facility in Modesto, CA. We are looking for self-starters with the desire to learn new skills which include driving a forklift and operating machinery. This role creates value by collaboratively working with production team members to ensure that a quality product is produced for our customers in a timely manner. The Production Associate personnel reinforce the long-term goals of the organization by assisting the production operators and contributing to a team environment. These roles work flexible shifts (days, swing, graveyard) weekends, holidays, and overtime when needed.
If you enjoy working safely with a team, we look forward to hearing from you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Assisting crew members with set-ups; troubleshooting and making minor machine adjustments
- Keeping work area clean throughout shifts and performing tasks that may change from day to day or hour to hour
- Adhering to all safety, health, and plant rules, policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations
- Supporting our safe working environment by wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and abiding by Lock-Out-Tag-Out safety procedures
- Performing tasks that will require lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours/day in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy and high-volume environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf