Senior Counsel - Antitrust and Litigation
Koch Companies Public Sector, LLC (“KCPS) provides legal services for all major subsidiaries and affiliates of Koch Industries, Inc. KCPS is seeking an antitrust attorney who is also an experienced litigator to join our Atlanta office (home to Georgia-Pacific, a Koch company). The successful candidate will have two responsibilities: first, to assist Georgia-Pacific and our other Koch Companies on antitrust counseling and compliance; and second, to handle all facets of litigation support for threatened and pending lawsuits, subpoenas, and investigations involving our Koch Companies (both antitrust and non-antitrust related). With respect to antitrust, the individual will be working with other antitrust counsel at Koch in supporting antitrust counseling and compliance on a worldwide basis, including governmental investigations, private actions, merger control, and day-to-day counseling, training, and audit. With respect to litigation, the candidate will be working with other litigation counsel at Koch in helping handle our litigation docket throughout the companies.
This position requires extensive collaboration with the Koch legal team. We are looking for someone who has the experience to lead on matters but is committed to collaborating and being part of a broader team. The successful candidate also needs to feel comfortable interacting with senior leadership and division counsel among the Koch companies – someone who is willing and able to develop strong and proactive relationships at all levels of the organization. In addition, the successful candidate needs to be committed to take the time to know each of the Koch companies and understand our businesses and the markets in which they do business.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Be a team member as part of the broader Global Compliance, Antitrust, and Trade Group.
- Provide proactive day-to-day counseling on antitrust issues with a focus on finding practical ways to help create value while ensuring compliance and reducing the risk of investigations or litigation.
- Partner with compliance on conducting antitrust training and audits.
- Partner with division counsel, assisting them on antitrust issues impacting their business.
- Partner with litigation team on civil antitrust claims and government antitrust investigations.
- Partner with business development team to advise on antitrust issues regarding M&A transactions, as well as lead merger control efforts.
- Be a team member as part of the broader Litigation Capability.
- Direct civil litigation matters for the Koch Companies.
- Represent the Koch Companies before the Department of Justice, state Attorneys General offices, and local officials in response to government inquiries, subpoenas, or demands.
- Manage efficient litigation teams, including the right mix of internal and external resources.
The Experience You Will Bring
- J.D. and active bar membership required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in global antitrust and competition law required, with a preference for in-house experience and/or large law firm experience in litigation, merger control, and day-to-day counseling/training.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in litigation.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf