At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and expertise to not only better your life, but your community as a whole. If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your skills and ideas, then we have the perfect opportunity for you. Start your career as a Production Associate at our Owosso, MI facility.
The Owosso, MI facility is looking to hire General Laborers to work Monday-Saturday for the 2nd shift (3pm-11pm) and 3rd shift (11pm – 7am).
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safely operating machines to produce corrugated sheets according to product and customer specifications
- Setting up and performing basic preventative maintenance on machines
- Working as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Cleaning work area throughout assigned shifts to ensure an orderly and safe environment
- Work any shift, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Support our safe working environment by maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment ( i.e. bump hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, hearing protection, steel-toe boots and other PPE required by specific jobs)
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for eight (8) or more hours a day
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Willing and able to meet the physical and safety requirements of the job
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) year of experience working within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience working in the corrugated industry
- Experience with reading an English metric tape measure
- Experience utilizing computer systems and/or databases
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf