Georgia-Pacific is now hiring Production/Mobile Operators in our lumber mill in Fayette, AL. This entry-level position offers a starting pay of $16.50/hr and also opportunities to advance as new skills are acquired and openings occur. As a Production/Mobile Operator, you will be responsible for using hand tools (i.e. blowers, shovels, pitch forks, brooms) to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees. You will also support machine operators and learn to operate lumber production equipment, including automated saws, scanners, banders, and associated transfer & handling equipment. This is a non-climate controlled mill, meaning temperatures can be very high in the summer, and cold in the winter.
If you want to be a part of a team that works safely, produces a quality product, and provides ongoing learning opportunities, this may be the job for you!
What you will do in your role.
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Performing housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, to reduce hazards and maintain the appearance of the plant.
- Performing minor repairs to ensure machine reliability and escalate machine maintenance needs appropriately.
- On time ready to work.
- Contributing to a team environment by cross training and filling in for other operators as needed.
The Experience You Will Bring.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 1 or more years of previous manufacturing experience
- Willing and able to pull and lift up to 50lbs
- Willing to work in a hot, cold, dusty, noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to perform tasks including lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing to work Rotating Shift Schedule working both day and night shift
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Mechanical experience troubleshooting manufacturing equipment
- Experience in lumber or wood products
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing environment
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf