INVISTA is seeking a contribution minded Accounting Supervisor in Wichita, KS. This role in our CFO organization, will lead a strong Accounting team that is responsible for our downstream businesses. You will engage with multiple capabilities across the organization and build mutually beneficial partnerships. This position should engage, challenge and provide fulfillment to a candidate who thinks with an economic focus, has developing leadership skills, that enjoys collaborating with others, and who seeks to originate ideas that can provide new insights for our business.
We are seeking an experienced supervisor who knows their way around a P&L statement and marginal analysis to help build that capability and focus within the overall team. Someone with knowledge to leverage with regard to profitability analysis via scorecards, KPI tracking and other relevant business metrics. You and your team will partner with key stakeholders to share knowledge and analytical insights and guide an economic point of view.
INVISTA brings to market the proprietary ingredients for nylon 6,6 and recognized brands including STAINMASTER®, CORDURA® and ANTRON®. INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., which is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $110 billion, according to Forbes. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ nearly 130,000 people worldwide, with about 67,000 of those in the United States.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the Accounting team for Downstream businesses (Performance Solutions and Nylon Polymer)
- Inventory and margin accounting and reporting
- Oversite of the month end close activities
- Ensure effective internal financial control environment
- Develop and foster partnerships with operations and business teams to deliver analytical insights that support business strategies and profitable decision making
- Coach and develop the Team in business processes as well as Market Based Management ® philosophy and application
- Seek and share knowledge, both internally and externally, to implement transformative best practices
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
- At least 3 years of previous experience in an Accounting or Financial Analysis role
- Solid understanding of General Ledger and Cost Accounting principles, and the purpose of Internal Financial Controls
- Experience gathering data, performing analysis, originating ideas, and applying a decision-making framework for presentation to key stakeholders
- Leadership or Supervisory Experience (i.e. coaching/mentoring/leading a project team/developing talent)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree, CPA, or other professional business certification
- Experience with Margin/Income statement reporting and analysis
- Inventory experience (accounting, raw materials, valuation, counts, audit, etc.)
- SAP, Infor or other large ERP, integrated system experience
- Experience using (Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, Denodo, etc.) or other data visualization software/tools)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf