Wet End Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Georgia Pacific’s Consumer Products Group is seeking candidates for a Mechanical Maintenance opportunity supporting our Muskogee, OK Tissue, Towel, and Napkin Mill. The selected Mechanical Maintenance individual will be required to successfully complete our Mechanical Maintenance Training Program as well as additional training requirements. This individual will work with supervisors, mentors, coworkers, and others to gain knowledge and skills in our manufacturing environment and to ensure that the mechanical maintenance needs of the mill can be met.
Located on the Kerr-McClellan Navigational Channel (Arkansas River) on about 640 acres of land, the Muskogee consumer products operation spans across approximately 70 acres (or 2,900,000 square feet) of manufacturing and warehouse space are “under roof” employing approximately 830 employees. We are the second largest employer in the Muskogee, OK area and 45th in the state! Our non-union facility operates on 12-hour shifts, 7 days per week, 365 days per year; housing 2 of the 13 largest tissue machines in the world and paper machines that produce an average of 900 tons of paper per day. Our converting team has the largest population of employees at 340; producing approximately 100,000 cases per day and more than 2.4 million finished product cases that are loaded and shipped from this mill each month. Our finished product consists of a mix of 40% Retail and 60% Commercial.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Complete on-going development of job skills and safety training
- Completing required hours (classroom and on the job training) in Mechanical Maintenance Training Program
- Troubleshooting mechanical equipment and systems in order to maintain expected machine performance
- Inspecting machinery to identify issues or reliability/production gaps
- Participating in a preventative maintenance program to ensure machinery uptime
- Helping facility meet or exceed production and quality goals
- Communicating daily work performed and machine conditions via written and verbal documentation
- Performing a variety of duties in the maintenance department related to assembly, and repairs
- Fabricating metal parts using blueprints and designs sketches to ensure proper dimensions and tolerance levels of finished product
- Reading and interpreting complex work instructions and documentation
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ year of manufacturing, industrial, construction, warehouse, agriculture or industrial military experience
- Willing and able to work a twelve (12) hour rotating shift, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a sometimes hot, humid, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate degree in Mechanical Industrial Maintenance Technology from a college-level technical institution
- 3+ years of experience in a Mechanical Maintenance role
- Experience through a maintenance apprenticeship or technical training program/internship
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Technical knowledge and experience with maintenance parts, material, equipment and processes of product, and electrical equipment used in a manufacturing environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf