Grid Modernization Leader
Sentient Energy is looking for a full-time Grid Modernization Leader to join our team. This role is responsible for driving and developing strategic grid modernization efforts and change management efforts. This is a senior opportunity reporting to the Vice President of Sales, North America. The Grid Modernization Leader will be tasked with supporting existing and potential North American electric utilities with expertise relating to new distribution technologies and change management best practices.
This position plays the lead role as a trusted advisor to the client, while supporting Sentient Energy’s ownership of the Smart Grid marketplace.
The role is also responsible for establishing relationships at multiple levels within assigned customers/engagements, providing support and advice to that utility on how Sentient Energy products, solutions and services can benefit them in meeting their business and operating objectives. The Grid Modernization Leader will coordinate account activities with the Sentient Energy Sales, Customer Success, Delivery, and Product Management organizations to maximize value to the customer.
Sentient Energy’s headquarters are located in Frisco, TX, however we are open to candidates working remotely.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leverage expertise and industry relationships to support delivery of new account logos, bookings, and revenue with North American electric utility accounts
- Manage complex, multi-tiered relationships at Investor Owned Utilities sales cycles while orchestrating cross-functional internal teams
- Advise clients on Sentient Energy value propositions, demonstrating potential and realized benefits of products and services
- Introduce effective methods of change management to the electric utility to accelerate reliability goals and adoption Sentient Energy’s solutions
- In concert with our Sales and Technical Sales teams, partner with utilities to consultatively define, scope and sell Sentient Energy solutions to drive customer defined value
- Partner with Sales and Customer Success teams on developing and maintaining strategic plans for account trajectory and client communications
- Maintain alignment of account opportunities with Sentient Energy’s defined selling processes
- Maintain a knowledge leadership/influencer position within the Grid Modernization space of the electric utility industry
- Foster a collaborative working environment internally and externally with respective teams to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions to land and expand strategic accounts
- Ensure that account/program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the company and the customer
- Show a willingness to adopt and improve bestselling practices and have a penchant for creativity and innovation to solve problems, respectfully challenging norms for the sake of progress
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or 10+ years of relevant utility experience & High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience and knowledge of electric utility distribution systems and assets
- Experience with Smart Grid hardware and software solutions
- Extensive knowledge of utility reliability metrics
- Experience with utility ADMS/SCADA systems, cybersecurity best practices
- Experience effectively partnering with VP- and C-suite levels of large organizations
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, as health and safety permits
What will put you ahead:
- Experience partnering with the Top-10 Investor Owned Utilities in North America
- Experience working in the Distribution group of an Investor Owned Utility
- Hands-on experience with electric distribution systems, including electric power systems, distribution automation, and distributed control systems and telecommunications
- Experience with utility reliability metrics and use cases for positioning value propositions
- Experience understanding how actionable data/metrics can drive realization of value for both Sentient Energy and our clients (ex: having a “data driven point of view”)
- Experience with stakeholder/relationship management across multiple parties and departments within and outside of the company
Position is not eligible for VISA Sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf