Senior Data Scientist
Georgia Pacific LLC is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to join our Decision Analytics team. Decision Analytics is a Center of Excellence (COE) focused entirely on data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning and advanced analytics projects in the commercial space. We are growing our analytics capability and are looking for entrepreneurial minded people who can help us further develop this COE that is creating exceptionally high value to our business. This position is in Atlanta but open to candidates in other locations with interest to relocate to Atlanta at a later point of time.
- Would you like to work in a startup-like atmosphere without any funding constraints (we are backed by Billions!) and without the added stress of working crazy hours?
- Would you like to build AI/ML models and/or be a lead voice in providing technical oversight to a project team across various domains such as B2B pricing, supply chain, marketing, customer service and experience?
- Would you like to lead a project team from day 1 that has a rich experience of applying supervised & unsupervised modeling techniques, time series, deep learning and designed statistical experiments?
- Would you like to present your models and analysis to C-level executives thereby driving key strategy and creating an enterprise wide impact using data science? Would you like to join a team that has a proven track record of leveraging data to prove or disprove hypothesis about business problems?
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Serve as primary technical lead on all phases of the projects from conducting hypothesis generation workshops, solutioning, experimentation and deployment, appropriately managing a global project team during execution.
- Willing to get your hands dirty with data analysis as well as be comfortable delegating tasks to junior members on the project team, thus providing technical guidance and oversight to the overall project.
- Hands-on solutioning within the chosen AI platform to partner with both customer and internal data/solution architects.
- Conduct workshops to understand, influence customer needs and translate them to technical audience (and vice-versa)
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years of experience delivering results from advanced analytics projects
- Experience working on data analytics problems in commercial problems space such as pricing, supply chain, marketing or customer experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience with data transformations using SQL, leveraging SAS or SAS Viya platform.
- Understanding of machine learning models development in python and leveraging AWS.
- Bachelor's Degree
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering, or related field.
- Experience working with remote teams spread across the globe
- Experience working in an data/analytics COE; Or in an analytics consulting company
- Experience leading projects or large workstreams
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf