MILLWRIGHT CLASS 1
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our Georgia- Pacific Emporia, VA facility is seeking a qualified candidate, with a positive “can-do” attitude, to join our team as a Millwright Class 1. The Millwright helps ensure the successful operation of the facility by resolving mechanical issues, recommending alternative repairs and equipment upgrades, identifying quality concerns, and understanding the production threshold of the equipment. Millwrights work a rotating shift that includes weekends, holidays, and overtime.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Troubleshoot, install, align, dismantle, repair and maintain industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and up-time.
- Help us meet or exceed production waste and quality goals through a quality maintenance program.
- Keep work area clean throughout shift.
- Being a team player and be comfortable working with others.
- Reading and understanding work instructions.
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Conduct maintenance on equipment in accordance with the scheduled maintenance requirements.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years of industrial mechanical maintenance experience. Should include troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability/uptime.
- Willingness to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking, climbing, pushing, twisting, stooping)
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in: advanced hydraulics, pneumatics, reading hydraulic schematics, fabrication, reading tap charts, basic layout, blueprint reading, precision measurement, knowledge of bearings, chains, sprockets, gear boxes, troubleshooting, precision alignment of motors and couplings and computer skills.
- Experience with a cutting torch, brazing, and welding
- Willingness to work overtime
- Willingness to work any shift including nights, weekends, and holidays.
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 2 years of mechanical and technical training.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf