BittWare designs and manufactures enterprise-class FPGA hardware that enables customers to deploy solutions quickly and with low risk. We are the only FPGA brand-agnostic hardware provider of critical mass able to address enterprise-class qualification and lifecycle requirements for customers deploying solutions in volume. Our Cumbernauld office are currently looking for a Hardware Engineer to join the team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Working in a small, highly motivated team, the successful candidates will develop high speed digital hardware products. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Designing FPGA based hardware and associated interfaces including power supplies, clocking, DDR4, PCIe
- Using Altium schematic capture tools.
- Working with layout and simulation teams on multilayer PCB designs.
- Working in our lab to take design through initial board bring up and test.
- Production handover and support for released products.
- Documenting test plans, Engineering Manuals and production documents in accordance with company procedures
The Experience You Will Bring
- A first class or 2.1 Hons degree in Electronic Engineering or a related subject
- 3+ years experience in developing high speed digital hardware
- Experience of FPGA or Processor Technology
- Knowledge of Altium Designer or similar schematic capture tools
- Strong debug skills
- Experience in the use of lab equipment, e.g. signal analysis
- Knowledge of DFM/DFT
- Knowledge of the full product development lifecycle
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve as well as develop and meet project schedules
- Team player who can also work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Working knowledge of the latest memory and high-speed serial IO technologies
- Good knowledge of PCB Layout
- Simulation and thermal design experience
- Awareness of standards such as PCIe, NVMe, M.2
- Experience of the latest FPGA offerings from Xilinx and Intel