Manufacturing Production Worker
Manufacturing Production Worker– Talladega, AL
Georgia-Pacific's has a new state-of-the art lumber mill in Talladega, Alabama. This facility receives about 150 log trucks a day and produces approximately 300 million board-feet of lumber a year. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technologically advanced plant.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking employees for our entry level Manufacturing Production Worker role. As a Production Utility Worker you will perform cleanup duties around the facility to ensure a safe work environment for all employees, and cross train in various machine operator roles. If you are motivated by hard work, working collaboratively on a team with a positive attitude, and have a strong focus on safety, you may be a good fit for this role. The starting wage for this position is $17.50 per hour. This position offers opportunities for advancement as new skills are acquired and as openings occur!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work environment
- Using blowers, brooms, and other equipment to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees
- Performing housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery running smoothly, reducing safety and fire hazards, maintaining environmental controls, and maintaining the appearance of the plant
- Working in various areas throughout the mill to help meet or exceed facility and company production and quality goals.
- Assisting team members throughout the mill as needed during the production of lumber.
- Working collaboratively as a team to meet or exceed production and quality goals while keeping waste at minimal levels
- Working 12 hour shifts both days, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Working in a non climate controlled environment with the possibility of standing, kneeling, walking for long periods of time
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of six (6) months of work experience in an industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, farming, carpentry, construction, landscaping, production, or military environment
- Willing and able to meet the physical and safety requirements of the job while working 12 hour rotating shifts, overtime, holidays, and weekends
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) year or more of experience driving and operating a forklift within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Minimum of two (2) years working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience troubleshooting equipment
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience working in a lumber or wood products environment
- One (1) year or more of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf